Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Love the way God works!!!

So I have been praying for a long time for God to give me discipine. I am not naturally very disciplined...unless I absolutely have to be...then I get it done. But if there is not stress...it might not happen. Well, in preparation for our new crazy school year, I decided to read the Maxwell's book on scheduling. I have had a very hard time getting very far into it though, as life is busy, but have scheduled time to read it a little at a time. (Like that?? I'm getting better just by owning the book!)

Well today was crazy, but Josiah and I managed one hour to sit down and work on his school. We did a lesson from his Intro to Online Learning class. Can you guess what the subject was?? Of course...organization and scheduling! Then I ended up needing to take Rayana to soccer practice and wait with her...which gave me 45 minutes with nothing to do but sit and read my book! I only have a few chapters left and have serious prayed about a new, organized and disciplined schedule for myself and the kids. We have a lot to do, and it just isn't going to work if we don't discipline ourselves and use our time wisely. I am excited to being the actual process...but am determined to wait until I finish the book. I want to have all the necessary info together.

On the other hand...today was the first day of school for the kids! Rayana is in the second grade, and really loved her teacher. Her birthday is this weekend, and we are excited to be bringing cookies to school....quick way to make friends! Josiah had the opportunity to spend the whole day at Idlewild, just to see how things work, get to know the teachers and hang out. So we didn't get a lot of is schoolwork done, but think it was very good for him! And we have his schedule figured out...at least for now. He will go to Idlewild at 11 on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. He will be there for recess, lunch and then either Art or PE. Then I will pick him up at 1. 6 hours a week will really help him to stay in touch with his friends, and hopefully leave him with enough time to do his work at home. I am ecstatic about how this has all worked out! Now if he could just get some more challenging work...but one step at a time!

Noelle loved her first day of homeschooling. She called me "Teacher" all day, and wanted me to call her "Student". She really enjoyed the activities and I believe it will be very beneficial for her as well as allow me to focus on Josiah a little more, while she is occupied with her work.

All in all...I am very excited, both for our new schedule and for the choices we have made for our children this year. At least for now, we are giving them the best we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment