Monday, March 30, 2009

Visit from family

My in-laws are here to visit for a few days. They live in northern California. It is very interesting to me to see my husband interact with them. There are many things that are explained when they are together...so many ways that they are alike. It is fun to see where he gets some of his mannerisms. I understand him better because of this.

It is alsy great to see the kids with their grandparents. We are so blessed to have my mom so close and so active in the kids lives. They know and love her like a third parent. But it is also nice to see them spoiled by other grandparents. They discuss and plan who gets to sit by them and are completely enjoying having them here.

It has also been interesting because we have not eaten at home in almost 48 hours. This is pretty strange for me. I enjoy cooking, I would love to be hospitable to my in-laws, but they insist on going out to eat, and taking us with them. On one hand, I hate to think of all the garbage that my kids have in their systems right now. They love to go to restaurants, so they are having the time of their lives. But I worry about all the unhealthyness of it all. On the other hand, I haven't had to do any dishes in the last two days. No cooking, no cleaning, just enjoying my kids...I love that! It is a spring break for me!

Today we will be going to Walmart to get the kids something. It should be interesting and fun.

I plan on looking at some seed while we are there. The garden is almost ready for planting, and I really need to get some things going. Mainly broccoli and spinach, and maybe some lettuce. I hope to produce a lot more of our food this year. Each year will be a learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment