Tuesday, August 18, 2009

New School Books











Today Josiah's books for school came. I have been very excited about this, but Josiah did not seem to care...until the books showed up today. Then we were both excited. He opened box after box smiling with delight at all the books he would be learning from. He was especially thrilled with a math workbook that is at least 3 inches thick. It was exciting to see him getting anxious for school to start.



There was also big thick books for me! Didn't quite realize I would be getting so much work too, but I am delighted as well. I know there will be questions that Josiah has, and I am very anxious to help him discover the answers. I love that I will be learning all of this with him. We can talk about everything that he is learning at school, and I will be completely informed about what is going on.



Josiah pointed out something that I had not considered about online schooling. He and I both love to know what is ahead. I love the syllabus for classes. It let me know what to expect, what I would be learning, and what I needed. But in elementary school, you don't get that. You never know what you will be learning next. You don't know what books you will be reading...what you will study...what you may be doing. This is not always true, but often it is the case. So for Josiah to sit down with all the books he would be using to complete his 5th grade year...or at least the books a normal 5th grader would need was pretty exciting. He can figure out what he will be doing, just by looking at his supplies.




Well, we looked at them all, got them all put up on the shelf, his on the left, mine on the right with his science kit in the middle. We are ready...and excited.




PS. Josiah is already halfway through the math textbook...it's been 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment