Friday, January 2, 2009

New Years Resolutions

Along with my long list from last year, much of which I accomplished, one of my New Years Resolutions for 2009 is to begin journalling. I know it can be important. God knows how much time I have spent reading other people's lives, but I have been inconsistent in doing it for myself. However, I want to do two things with this blog. First, capture my thoughts and processes even slightly, so that I can see who I am from the outside looking in. I hope to see progress toward my goal of becoming more like Christ. Second, I hope my kids will read this someday and recognize the struggles that are involved in motherhood, marriage, and being a Christian. I hope to find balance through this journey.

That said....it is a new year and I am not prepared for the next week, let along the next year. I have a list in my head, but I will promptly forget everything in it if I find something more interesting. I am what some have called a "Side-tracked Home Executive". I have good intentions, but am easiely distracted by all the other things that need to be done. For example, today, the kids and I need to do some weekly chores, vacuuming, dusting, mopping, laundry...but what am I doing instead? Sat down to check my email while they at some breakfast, and here I am starting a blog!

Alright, my list...weekly chores, get recycling to recycling center, clean up sewing machine ( I just sewed for the first time in years - made the cutest skirts for my girls - very twirly - big smiles!), finish my New Year's Resolutions, practice memorizing with Josiah, finish menu planning for next two weeks. If I get this all done today, I will feel like Superwoman!

No comments:

Post a Comment