Saturday, January 3, 2009

Mamma Mia

I watched the musical Mamma Mia last night. I am usually not a musical kind of girl, though I love the songs, I kind of prefer that they get to the point. But I was in the mood for one...

One song had me in tears....Slipping through my fingers. I had never heard it, though I am sure that everyone else has. I have two little girls, whom I dearly love. They are young enough that I feel like I do know them, but it seems easy to be adored by my girls while they are young, but I wonder if things will change as they grow up. Will they get tired of me, resent me, or can I still be there hero. Rayana will be going back to school on Monday, and I will cry, I miss them so much when they are at school. I pray that I will not miss one important moment...the ones that are important to Rayana, not just to me. My time with them is so fleeting, and there is so much that I want to share with them. How do I teach them everything I want to, while still doing laundry and making dinner. I think I have discovered a little bit of that through this book, Managers of their Chores. I loved it, and it really opened my eyes to ways that I had been failing my kids, but I have made changes already, and they have been very receptive, even enjoying their new chores. In addition, they are learning how to be managers of their homes, and I am spending more time with them, as they do the things that I usually do with me.

Thank you God for the wisdom written in that book, and for the blessing of a song in a musical that reminds me how precious my children are and how they are truly my most important job.

No comments:

Post a Comment