Thursday, June 16, 2011

What a difference a year makes!

Actually, we are getting closer to two. I quite writing, just because I figured I was too late, too far behind...too something.

But looking back, I am realizing that I appreciate the journey, and miss things when I don't take the time to write them down.

So back at it.

I am now the Children's Director at New Hope Community Church. My kids are now homeschooled. They are huge! That really doesn't sound like all that much, but it has all changed so much.

Josiah is 12 going on 30. He is such an old soul. He loves studying his Bible and is working on memorizing the book of Hebrews. He loves baseball and is such a stud now! He is a joy to be around, loves to think, and is almost two inches taller than me. I enjoy him so much! It is strange to see my little boy become a man-child. But what a privilege to see him grow in the Lord!

Rayana is my little mother. She is 9 and 1/2. She can handle any situation with younger kids that we could ever throw at her. She is fun, capable and just so special. She is quickly catching up to me in height and I love that! She just finished her first year of softball and improved quite a bit! She really wants to be a pitcher like her older brother.

Noelle is our baby. Or at least she still plays that role pretty often. She is 6 and 1/2 and the 1/2 is very, very important to her. She loves to sing. She constantly has a song in her head and does her best work when she is humming. She can't wait to play t-ball this summer.

We are just finishing our first real year of homeschooling through an Alternative Learning Program that our state offers. It has seen far more joys than trials. I have loved getting to be a part of my kids learning and being free to teach them so much of God's truth! But I also struggle with wanting to give them what seems "normal". I constantly pray that God will show me how to serve Him best with my children.

So there's the short version. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment